Petit Jean Electric Cooperative urges all of its members and their families to treat electricity with the utmost respect. If you would like a safety program presented to your school, civic club, or fire department, please contact us at Petit Jean Electric.
Be safe around electricity! Here are a few helpful tips to remember:
- Do not touch an electric switch with wet hands.
- Never overload outlets with too many plugs.
- Never plug in an electric cord that is frayed.
- Do not use electrical equipment outdoors in the rain.
- Never use water to put out electrical fires.
- Do not stand under trees or power poles during a storm.
- Stay away from fallen electrical lines.
- Fly kites in open fields away from electrical lines.
- Stay out of the water during a thunderstorm.
- Stay away from substation fences.
- Do not throw rocks at utility line insulators or transformers.